Al Ha VeDa על הא ודא

Whatever I feel like

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Counting my blessings

I could never adequately express my gratitude for true friendship. I can hardly believe how lucky I am. What a gift it is to have somebody in my life who cares so much about me, who is interested in so many of the same things that I am and loves doing them with me or talking about them with me, who knows much more than I about some things and is ready to teach, who knows less than I about some things and is eager to learn.

In some ways that last is the greatest gift of all. By asking questions about things that I learned long ago and have taken for granted for many years, my friend makes me think about them again and discover things that I was unaware I knew. No exaggeration: this friendship has changed my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home